We are seeking enthusiastic and pro-active professional gardeners and have exciting opportunities for full time, permanent staff to join our Maida Vale-based team. If you are passionate about horticulture and are looking to develop and grow your skillset then we would love to hear from you.
You will be required to have strong plant knowledge and an understanding of correct horticultural practice, together with experience of working with all plant types including shrubs and herbaceous, trees and perennials. You will be reliable with a good work ethic, a hard-working team player and be able to work in all weather conditions
- A minimum of 3-4 years proven gardening experience
- Good practical skills in garden maintenance, including pruning hedges and shrubs, flowerbed/planter maintenance and lawn maintenance
- Knowledge of pests and diseases, the treatment of these, and which products are required
- You will be required to regularly use power tools and mowers
- Knowledge of installing & maintaining basic irrigation systems would be advantageous
- Seasonal planting and ad hoc planting
- You must be able to demonstrate great communication skills with customers and your colleagues
- Fluent in English
- Full, clean UK driving licence essential
- Formal horticultural qualifications (RHS 2 or equivalent) and PA1/PA6 spraying certificates would be an advantage
- Able to commute daily to W9, London
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary according to experience
- Training and development opportunities within the respected Clifton Nurseries brand
- Company Pension
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Generous staff discount at both of our nurseries
To apply for this position at Clifton Nurseries London, please email a covering letter and up-to-date CV to Clifton Nurseries recruitment, specifying Maintenance Gardener London as the role you are interested in.
Clifton Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer.