Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity has opened for a Hard Landscaping Foreman to join our well established and dynamic business.
Our company is renowned for designing, building and maintaining beautiful and innovative and cutting-edge gardens, based in London/Surrey, and working in the most exclusive post-codes and areas in and around London/Surrey.
The purpose of the Hard Landscaping Foreman role is to manage all on site project work in an organised and productive manner ensuring the end results are to the highest of standards.
- Supporting the Project Manager in ordering materials at a schedule that suits the site and enabling a smooth operation in all site works being undertaken with the support of an assistant.
- Liaising with the Project Manager on queries and talking through pressure points to achieve the very best finished product to time and within budget.
- Carry out and manage day to day construction works and garden installations to the highest standard.
- Manage day to day running of sites and assistant including timeliness, efficiency and presentation and avoiding disruptions to the schedule during the working day.
- Communicate effectively with project managers to ensure timely completion of site, highlighting issues that arise.
- Liaise with clients and contractors as required, keeping calm, polite and confident.
- Smooth organisation of directly employed and sub-contract labour.
- Work to plans, setting out and ensuring 100% accuracy on all drawings.
- Keep within budget on materials and labour on site.
- People management through the development of your team.
- Ensure every project is finished to the highest specification to gain both client and company satisfaction.
- Daily completion of all relevant paperwork including CVI’s, timesheets etc.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools, reporting any problems immediately.
- Support the Project Manager and ensure all machinery/tools are kept in an ordered and organised fashion.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
You will need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the industry.
- Good horticultural knowledge and understanding of the industry.
- Experience in working off plans.
- To be skilled in all elements of hard and soft landscaping.
- Some knowledge of irrigation systems.
- To be able to take ownership and manage jobs efficiently from start to finish within the allocated time-frames.
- To have an excellent eye for detail, carrying out work to the highest of standard.
- To be highly professional and organised.
- To have some computer skills for completion of job sheets and ordering materials.
- Efficient time management.
- To be diplomatic and calm with clients.
- Full clean driving licence
In return we offer an excellent salary according to experience and development opportunities within the respected Clifton Nurseries brand.
To apply for this position at Clifton Nurseries, please email a covering letter and up-to-date CV to Clifton Nurseries recruitment, specifying Hard Landscape Foreman as the role you are interested in.
Clifton Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer.