Don’t miss the chance to be part of the exciting growth of the much loved Clifton Nurseries with this full-time position working out of our iconic London branch in W9.
We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance Supervisor who will:
- Undertake general grounds maintenance duties - ensuring a very high standard of work is maintained at all times. Maintenance duties are to include both mechanical and manual operations and will cover the broad spectrum of grounds maintenance. Duties to include edging, grass cutting, weeding, planting trees, shrubs and seasonal bedding, pruning, hedge trimming, small tree works, minor irrigation repair and fixes and any other gardening tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
- Carry out routine checks on equipment and machinery.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of themselves, their work colleagues and others who may be affected by their activity, working in accordance with the safety policies of Clifton Nurseries.
- Operate the full range of ride-on grounds maintenance vehicles and associated equipment.
- Supervise the teams to deliver a high standard.
- Build a relationship with our clients and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Undertake any relevant training which may be deemed necessary to ensure duties are carried out effectively.
Succesful applicants must:
- Hold full, clean UK driving licence for manual vehicles (essential).
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have at least RHS level 2 or extensive experience in identifying plants, diseases, pests and best horticultural practices.
- Have the necessary IT skills to answer emails, set up work scheduling, and put sales and quotations through.
- Be reliable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic, and be a team player able to work in all weather conditions.
In return we offer a competitive salary according to experience and development opportunities within the respected Clifton Nurseries brand. The role is a full time position, Monday to Friday, with potential overtime in the evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position at Clifton Nurseries London, please email a covering letter and up-to-date CV to Clifton Nurseries recruitment, specifying Grounds Maintenance Supervisor as the role you are interested in.
Clifton Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer.