We are looking to employ a Commercial Contracts Manager, operating out of our Surrey branch.
The Commercial Contracts Manager is a pivotal role, being the essential managerial link between landscape team, customer, and the Company. Essentially entrepreneurial in nature, it is a role which requires a broad range of practical experience, IT, and technical skill as well as an extensive people handling capability. With the strategic focus of Clifton Nurseries aimed at development of the domestic and commercial “Design and Build” markets, the role requires good sound hard and soft landscape construction knowledge, plant knowledge and the ability to translate a customer’s aspirations into a compelling commercial proposition.
- Management and development of landscape teams
- Efficient management of contracts
- Revenue/margin contribution
- Delivery of exceptional customer experience and development of strong, profitable long-term relationships with both customers and clients
- Profitable and effective management of contracts for which responsible, ensuring that tendered margins are delivered.
- Procurement of resources required to deliver contracts as committed including authorised sub-contractors, materials and plant.
- Successful tendering of contract opportunities whilst ensuring Company margin expectations are being delivered.
- Achievement of agreed revenue and margin goals
- Meeting Company Service Level Targets for CRM (customer relations management) and job management process.
- Championing and representation of Company philosophies and values in relation to all stakeholders – customers, clients, suppliers and employees.
- Effective deployment of all Company Health and Safety procedures
- Effective communication of significant issues to Operations Manager as and when they may arise.
- Conversion of new customer “Design and Build” leads into profitable “Design and Build” contracts
- Tendering and estimation of new work as either allocated or generated by customer network
- Provision of written quotations in Company format with eloquence and persuasion
- Actively searching for new customer opportunities
- Following Company process for CRM and job management
- Attendance at site meetings/client and landscape architect liaison
- Regular reviews with customer to ensure that their experience exceeds expectations
- Writing method statements and H&S plans
- Site inductions of staff
- Organisation of staff and resources for contracts on daily basis or as required
- Monitoring contract progress for quality control, technical support and financial deviation including regular site visits
- Interpreting and communicating to site staff BOQ/spec and drawings
- Monitoring and understanding the implications of contract variations, instructions, drawing revisions compared to the BOQ and/or scope of work – understanding our rights and responsibilities under each form of contract
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Environmental procedures are always followed
- Staff appraisals and development; coaching “in the moment” when appropriate
- Providing regular reporting to Operations Manager on contract performance
In return we offer a competitive salary according to experience.
To apply for this position at Clifton Nurseries, please email a covering letter and up-to-date CV to Clifton Nurseries recruitment, specifying Commercial Contracts Manager as the role you are interested in.
Clifton Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer.